Checklist for Consumers
Questions to Ask Your Doctor
These important questions can help you make the right decision regarding your nursing team.
- Is the nurse taking care of you board certified through an accredited and independent, national certifying body?
- Is all of your healthcare information kept in a confidential location between visits?
- Does the nurse provide you with patient education during or after each visit?
- Is your nurse knowledgeable regarding your wound, ostomy, continence or foot care questions?
- Does your nurse have a network of certified professional counterparts to provide additional information and resources when needed?
WOCNCB certified nurses have these credentials:
- CWOCN® - Certified Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nurse
- CWCN® - Certified Wound Care Nurse
- COCN® - Certified Ostomy Care Nurse
- CCCN® - Certified Continence Care Nurse
- CWON® - Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse
- CFCN® - Certified Foot Care Nurse
Click here to learn if your nurse is WOCNCB certified.