Credential Extension Policy
Applicants currently certified by the WOCNCB® may request an extension of their credentials. Acceptable reasons are: serious medical and COVID-19 related issues, natural disaster or active military duty. If the applicant has paid for an exam, the application and fees will remain valid through the awarded extension date.
The following rules apply:
- Must be currently certified by WOCNCB®.
- Must be seriously ill (or member of immediate family seriously ill), suffer from personal illness or injury, experience unavoidable natural disaster, be impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, or be in active military duty outside the United States. Documentation may be requested.
- Request must be received prior to expiration of current credential(s). Current certification credential expiration date must be no more than three months from date of request.
- Must request the extension in writing to the WOCNCB® office via fax, email or mail, as found on the request form linked below.
- It is recommended you submit requests at least two (2) weeks prior to your expiring credentials to allow time for an approval.
Once the extension request is received, it will be reviewed by the WOCNCB® the Credentialing and Review Committee and if necessary, a vote will take place to determine if the applicant's credentials will be approved for extension. Responses with a decision occur within 5 business days.
It is recommended you submit requests at least 2 weeks prior to credentials expiration to allow time for an approval.
If the extension is granted, it is only for a maximum of six months. Only one extension request will be granted per applicant, per five years.