How to Apply
Download Candidate Examination Handbook
The Candidate Handbook is a 56 page document.
(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click icon to install.)
- Apply online
- Scantron sends email confirmation of eligibility to exam
- Schedule your exam up to 12 months from the time of exam application submission (or prior to current credentials expiration)
- The scheduling system allows you to view exam dates 4 to 30 days out
- Testing sessions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis
- For listing of test sites, click here.
For information on rescheduling or retakes please contact Scantron at (919) 572-6880
Exam Pass Rates
The following statistics reflect the percentage of test-takers who passed the Advanced Practice wound, ostomy, continence exams in 2020. These numbers reflect pass rates of all exams taken, that is, the number of passing scores divided by the number of tests administered. As of today, more than 9,700 Wound, Ostomy, Continence and Foot Care nurses are currently certified by the WOCNCB®.
|Examination||Number Testing||Pass Rate||Total Active as of 12/31/20|
|Wound Care Advanced Practice (CWCN-AP®)||90||92%||351|
|Ostomy Care Advanced Practice (COCN-AP®)||47||87%||153|
|Continence Care Advanced Practice (CCCN-AP®)||22||72%||75|